Are you looking for phlebotomy schools near where you live? Phlebotomy courses are offered at many Technical Institutes, Accredited Training Centers, Community Colleges and Vocational Institutes. Unlike other fields of study phlebotomy certification courses can be completed in a short period of time.
- Phlebotomy Procedures and Techniques
- Age Specific Competencies
- Infection & Disease Control
- Basic Medical Terminology
- Blood Components
- Proper Handling of Specimens
- Requisition and Order Completion
- Customer Service
- Special Techniques
- Quality Assurance Tools and Processes
Your instructors will provide you with the classroom and hands on training need to prepare you for the national phlebotomy certification exam. Many times additional classes and/or certifications may be offered at the same time as the phlebotomy course. An example would be to complete a CPR or Basic First Aid course in conjunction with the phlebotomy course. CPR is often a requirement for phlebotomy certification, but may also be offered by an employer.